Repairing the elpa branch

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Repairing the elpa branch
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 22:25:56 -0500

As an experiment, I created a new branch `bzrtest'.
This is `elpa', but with the problematic r170 done as a flat commit
rather than a merge.

In fact, all merges post r170 (r279, 263, 247, 246, 239, 231, 180, 171)
are flat commits rather than merges. If capturing those merges is
considered important (it probably is), and if this experiment is
considered worth pursuing, I can try to do that.

Commits have the same authors, timestamps, logs, tags, and fixes
information.