Re: Where do I find FSF copyright assignment forms?

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: Where do I find FSF copyright assignment forms?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 19:45:25 +0800

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 12:10:07 +0100
Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I have a new contributer with a fix to CC Mode.  He's willing to assign
> > copyright to the FSF.
> >
> > Where, exactly, do I find the copyright assignment forms?
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=tree;f=doc/Copyright;hb=HEAD

If the contributor then wants more information, you can send per the file
/gd/gnuorg/conditions.text, which explains per options (assign vs. disclaim)
and their consequences.
Please don’t use any of the templates except for those listed here, and please
don’t change the wording.

For large changes, ask the contributor for an assignment. Send per a copy of
the file request-assign.changes. (Like all the ‘request-’ files, it is in
/gd/gnuorg/Copyright and in gnulib.)

For medium to small changes, request a personal disclaimer by sending per the
file request-disclaim.changes.

If the contributor is likely to keep making changes, person might want to sign
an assignment for all per future changes to the program. So it is useful to
offer per that alternative. If person wants to do it that way, send per the
request-assign.future.

When you send a request- file, you don’t need to fill in anything before
sending it. Just send the file verbatim to the contributor. The file gives per
instructions for how to ask the FSF to mail per the papers to sign. The
request- file also raises the issue of getting an employer’s disclaimer from
the contributor’s employer.

If a contributor wants the FSF to publish only a pseudonym, that is ok. The
contributor should say this, and state the desired pseudonym, when answering
the request- form. The actual legal papers will use the real name, but the FSF
will publish only the pseudonym. When using one of the other forms, fill in the
real name but ask the contributor to discuss the use of a pseudonym with
address@hidden before sending back the signed form.

Although there are other templates besides the ones listed here, they are for
special circumstances; please do not use them without getting advice from
address@hidden

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao