Re: Better indentation for elisp

From: Sergey Mozgovoy
Subject: Re: Better indentation for elisp
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 06:55:58 -0800 (PST)

>  I generally like the indentation specifications you suggest (except
> for `defun': why do we need it?).

For backward compatibility.  Aside from this, I'm sure we do not, at
all.

> So, I think I could be convinced, but only if the new indentation
> algorithm is sufficiently simple.

Well, my algorithm is essentially the same in logic as the standard
one, plus some code for matching indentation patterns and walking up
through containing sexps.  This is 300-350 LOC (including heavy
comments) which would supersede existing 265 lines in "lisp-mode.el".

Obviously, it is not tested and verified thoroughly.

If you're interested, I can just post here a diff against "lisp-mode.el".