Re: CheckDoc and package.el versus file variable prop lines

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CheckDoc and package.el versus file variable prop lines
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 15:13:08 -0500

> Doing so, I get a "foo.el" with the following contents:

> ;; -*- lexical-binding: t; -*-
> ;;; foo.el --- Random stuff

Please report this via M-x report-emacs-bug (so we get a bug-number for it).

> How can I get lexical scoping working for a package, *without* it
> being silently dropped on installation, and *without* checkdoc
> warnings?

Use

  ;;; foo.el --- Random stuff  -*- lexical-binding: t -*-

It's a bit ugly, especially because it tends to go past the 80-column
limit, but that's the "standard" way to do it (and that's what
add-file-local-variable-prop-line should use in Elisp).

        Stefan