Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 09:22:53 -0400

On 04/01/2013 05:35 PM, Jambunathan K wrote:

> 2. Artificial polarization (of people) by having "assigned" or
>    "unassigned" contributors .  IMO, there should only be "assigned
>    work" and "unassigned work" (or "acquired" and "unacquired" work).
>    It's the work that is polarized and not the people.

A major problem with this approach is that it requires the repeated
assertion of assignment for every aliquot of work.

I'm a long-term user and observer, not an historian; but it is my
impression that yours is the first case in which that sort of
granularity has ever been thought relevant.

I think that, since you have clearly thought about this for some time,
you might draft an amended assignment, in which you would provide an
example of how you would specify the "Work" for which you are assigning.
 That would place the extra bookkeeping load on you, not on the other
members of the community, who don't seem to see the need.

With that tool in hand, you could accurately express your precisely
delineated participation in the community.

n.b.:  If you came with that to a project I ran, I would (politely, I
hope) turn you away.   But our understanding would be clear.

- Allen S. Rout