Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 18:09:32 +0000

Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 03.04.2013 10:46, schrieb Bastien:
>> Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> AFAIU the very reasons are beyond Emacs.
>>
>> Im my opinion, they are far below Emacs.
>>
>> One upset ego tries to inflate the personal issue at stake
>
> Hmm, always felt Emacs a very special community with a lot of strong
> personalities.  Still like it :)
>
>  and
>> to make everyone believes there is a legal issue while there is
>> none.
>>

> Wherefrom the eagerness to remove Jambus's code then?
> Seems more people believe that, even if it's wrong wrt GPL.

It stems from the fact that, when someone behaves dishonorably and
doesn't keep their commitments, or tries to shirk those commitments in
order to harm others (in fact, even saying loudly that his intent is to
harm others), one should be wary of entering into an agreement with them
again.  Who is to know is, once Jambunathan revokes his general
assignment and starts doing case-by-case assignments, he won't also try
to use those to exert power over Emacs and Org development?  He probably
will.  You teach people how to treat you.

By walking away from his code, if Org chose to do that, it would only be
protecting itself from further trouble.

--
BOFH excuse #262:

Our POP server was kidnapped by a weasel.