Re: About commit style

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: About commit style
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 12:08:15 +0300

> Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 11:52:44 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> You can use separate branches for that, to reduce inconvenience if
> you find the bugs when you are already half way into adding the
> feature.

Or shelve your changes, fix the bug, commit it, then unshelve the
changes and continue.

Of (if you develop the feature on a separate branch), fix the bugs on
the trunk, in which case they don't affect your feature branch work.

Or cherry-pick versions from branch to trunk, when you commit.

I'm sure there are more ways of doing this, so that (a) bugfixes are
separate from unrelated features, and (b) your development workflow is
not disrupted or inconvenienced in any way.