Re: Missing dependencies in lib-src/Makefile.in

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Missing dependencies in lib-src/Makefile.in
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 13:27:12 -0700

On 04/06/2013 05:34 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Am I missing something?  If not, should this be fixed?

The usual way that we handle this in other projects is to use
Automake.  Automake computes the dependencies automatically, for
the current build, and this simplifies the maintainers' job.
The Emacs build procedure was developed before Automake existed,
so it's not surprising that it doesn't use Automake,
but maybe now would be as good a time as any to start using it.