emacswiki GSOC

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: emacswiki GSOC
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:08:50 +0100

Someone approached me on the emacs channel to ask whether they could
help with the project to move the emacswiki to an elisp codebase.

Some of you will be familiar with this project. We're using elnode and
elwikicreole to build something that does everything that the current
emacswiki does.

I considered applying to do GSOC but I really didn't have the time to
work out what I did and didn't have to do.

The guy who approached me asked if he could work on the emacswiki stuff
under the GNU project or under the Emacs project (which have got GSOC
approval I think).

I'm presuming this is not possible... but can someone confirm for me?