Re: Rename `eww' to `web'

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Rename `eww' to `web'
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 02:11:58 +0200

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know whether `alternatives-define' or `define-alternatives',
> but something without "dispatch" in its name.

If it is in its own package alternatives.el, then alternatives-define.
If we add this as a new command in some other package,
define-alternatives is fine.

> If the command name is `browse-web' then the user option
> `browse-web-alternatives' could define alternatives for this command.

Currently, it would be dispatcher-browse-web-alternatives.
browse-web-alternatives is OK, though we lose the common prefix.

> But it seems that there is a need for two separate commands
> `browse-url' and `browse-web' where `browse-url' is used to visit
> a link from the buffer in a preferably external browser,
> and `browse-web' to start browsing the Web in a native Emacs browser.

That's something to decide afterwards. I don't really care which
generic commands we define or how many do we need.