Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Small improvements to ruby-mode
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 19:47:51 +0400

On 06.07.2013 16:23, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
Hopefully most authors are delighted by the prospect of their work
getting into Emacs :)

Some are, but some are indifferent or have an aversion to these kinds of agreements, seems like. Non-US people are usually unhappy about the snail mail delivery times.

Anyway, I won't be contacting this author, because he doesn't seem to be a talkative type (https://github.com/pd/inf-ruby-bond/issues/1, https://github.com/mooz/js2-mode/pull/100), and I don't like chasing people.

Well, they are different in a way - they have different argument
evaluation strategies and cannot be overridden.  I don't know about
other major modes, but I seem to recall they were highlighted in
SublimeText, RubyMine, etc.

Sublime is generally more colorful, it highlights all operators the same, and also number and char literals, in a different color.
Same with RubyMine, I think.