Re: released dates

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: released dates
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:31:59 +0900

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> I needed to download the Emacs 24.2 tarball after all to know
>> when it was released[1].  It has not been recorded even in the
>> 24.3 tarball.  Is there a way by any chance to do it in a local
>> copy of the bzr repository?

> I don't really know what you are asking;

What I wanted to know then was whether a certain feature of Gnus
is in Emacs 24.x or not.  The date when the feature was added can
be found in the ChangeLog files, however it can't be known whether
it was done before or after the Emacs 24.x release; there is no
records in the normal files.  IIRC, there were all the ``released''
messages in the ChangeLog files.

Xue Fuqiao wrote:
> You can use `-rtag:' in bzr:
>   $ bzr log -rtag:emacs-24.2

Thanks.  It is helpful.

|revno: 107781.1.340
|tags: emacs-24.2
|committer: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
|branch nick: emacs-24
|timestamp: Fri 2012-08-24 17:53:39 +0800
                ^^^^^^^^^^
|message:
|  Update release logs

But, er, I realized what I really needs is not Emacs' release dates.
For example, the change made for `gnus-shr-put-image' is not in
Emacs 24.2 even if the ChangeLog in the trunk says as follows:

2012-02-01  Lars Ingebrigtsen  <address@hidden>
 * gnus-art.el (gnus-shr-put-image): Take and pass on a `flags'
 parameter to allow controlling the scaling.

> Or see info-gnu-emacs[fn:1]

Thanks again.