Re: Yet another discussion on improving the first time user experience

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Yet another discussion on improving the first time user experience
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:40:19 +0200

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:29:46 +0200
> Cc: Jay Belanger <address@hidden>, Brief Busters <address@hidden>,
>       Pascal Bourguignon <address@hidden>, Emacs-Devel devel <address@hidden>
>
> But you still can't use arrow keys etc for selecting text from default
> Emacs, or? That is a very important use of the arrow keys.

If you mean hold Shift and move by arrow keys, then this selects text
for quite some time now.

Oh, is that default now? Good. (I can't switch because I am using my old patches which I did not have time to get into Emacs.)

And how about Ctl-arrow key? Does that move a "word"? If combined with Shift does it select?

And how about Ctrl-PgUp/PgDn?