Re: patch: create default error output function

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: patch: create default error output function
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 18:49:32 +0800

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Please review and comment my first Emacs patch. I couldn't find any guide
>> for submitting patches, so I based it on my intuition and experience from
>> previous projects, mainly jEdit.
>
> See (info "(emacs) Sending Patches").

Although Stefan much prefer "diff -u" than "diff -c" ("diff -c" was
Richard's preference).

BTW you should modify the ChangeLog in src/ instead of the root one.
You can use `add-change-log-entry-other-window' (`C-x 4 a' by default)
to achieve it.

(Anyway, for the patch, `M-x diff-context->unified' or `M-x
diff-unified->context' takes care of converting from one to the other,
so we can adapt.)

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/