Re: [SPAM] Re: Rectangular regions

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: Rectangular regions
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 20:00:13 +0900

Jarek Czekalski writes:
 > W dniu 11/02/2013 10:56 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull pisze:
 > > (see that
 > > concurrent thread on Emacsspeak-friendly Emacsen for why regions beat
 > > rectangles).
 >
 > Link please, this is not googleable.

Rather than make you search for something that isn't actually there,
I'll explain.

The point is that Emacsspeak is an inherently linear medium, which
nevertheless makes full use of the capabilities of Emacs.  While I'm
sure people with more or less impaired sight are quite capable of
using rectangles in Emacs, this indicates to me that linear regions
are a more fundamental entity in Emacs.

The reason for mentioning an Emacsspeak thread in this context is that
in that thread Stefan and others have expressed strong support for
ensuring that Emacs can support Emacsspeak well, which is indirect
support for my claim.  Very indirect,if you wish. :-)