Re: emacs freezes - how to troubleshoot, build with assertions

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: emacs freezes - how to troubleshoot, build with assertions
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 08:16:22 +0800

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Jarek Czekalski
<address@hidden> wrote:
> There are several places which a new developer should visit. Some I know
> (you told me about them today) are these:
> 1. Info "Sending patches"
> 2. etc directory

And these ones (at least), I think:

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/
https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Legal-Matters.html#Legal-Matters
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/BzrForEmacsDevs
(info "(elisp) Tips")
admin/notes

> I would like these places to be mentioned in a development wiki. The wiki
> could be placed (or at list linked to) at savannah, as savannah is the place
> linked to directly from gnu.org/software/emacs. If someone complains about
> missing info, it would be added to wiki. Soon wiki becomes a good starting
> point. The time required to build it is like half an hour.

I wrote a contributing guide[fn:1] before, but I deleted it later
because it is too verbose[fn:2].  I plan to write some other things
about contributing to Emacs now: an Emacs Lisp refcard, an Emacs Lisp
FAQ, and an Emacs hacker guide[fn:3].

Footnotes:

[fn:1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00604.html

[fn:2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00659.html

[fn:3] Only for Emacs Dev, so it is not like the one above.  Many people
       in Emacs Dev have expressed their wish for this document, like:
       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-04/msg00660.html
       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-09/msg00616.html

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.