Re: Org merge

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Org merge
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 14:28:52 -0500

> Sorry, I should have been clearer: what I meant is that, while most
Org> 8.0 exporters functions structurally changed compared to their
> Org<7.9.3f ancestors (because of the use of a new export engine), most
> options have only seen a change in their name, not in their content or
> meaning.  Some options have been deleted and others added.

The NEWS file should explain how the options have been changed, but the
ChangeLog is only concerned about the actual code.  From what you say,
it seems to actual code shares no history with the previous code (a bit
like a "clean room" reimplementation), so the ChangeLog doesn't need to
explain the changes.

> What is difficult is to document new fonctions:

The usual course of action for new functions is to describe them in
ChangeLog as:

    (foo, bar, baz): New function.

so other than enumerating them, there's nothing to do.

        Stefan