Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 18:10:01 +0200

> From: Jambunathan K <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:57:51 +0530
> Cc: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>,
>       Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> chad <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > "The users might be unable to stop themselves from manually resizing
> > frames in the middle of startup, even though they know they
> > shouldn't."
>
> If a user does this his Emacs is USELESS (as my screenshot shows).
> There are countless times that I had to restart my Emacs just to
> workaround the issue.

That sounds strange: at the very least, you should be able to invoke
functions and commands from the *scratch* buffer, and the first
command could be to set the frame dimensions to something usable.
Alternatively, you could create a new frame (which supposedly will use
default-frame-alist, and thus be of reasonable dimensions), and then
kill the initial frame.  Both alternatives sound better than
restarting Emacs.

Am I missing something?