Re: Visual bell patch for emacs on OSX

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Visual bell patch for emacs on OSX
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 09:56:50 +0000

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:
> I checked in a fix in trunk, please try again.

Thanks.

So I did that and GNUstep emacs compiled OK.

Starting it brings up some kind of top-level menu, a ying-yang-
something square, and emacs itself. I see all my config getting
loaded, the only difference to the GTK case being that it's a little
slower and some fonts look different.

However the big difference is that I can't place the mouse on the
application or give emacs any input. This is apparently some kind of
window-manager issue. Can a gnustep-enabled app be used on top of
normal window managers like fluxbox and stumpwm? If not, what window
manager, if any, should I be using?

Though admittedly I didn't dig a lot, I don't seem to find an answer
to this in

   http://www.gnustep.org/information/aboutGNUstep.html

I understand that gnustep is not a window manager and runs on top of
X11, but then how to manage windows, specifically, how to make input
reach them?

Thanks,
João Távora