Re: file watch feature missing on darwin

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: file watch feature missing on darwin
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:12:30 +0100

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello.

Hi,

>> According to the Changelogs, kqueue has been added as native library to
>> GIO a year a go. If you have linked Emacs to a recent (*) glib on your
>> Darwin system, file monitoring shall be available for you.
>
> It would not work if linking in Glib to a NS build due to differences
> in event loops.

Well, I didn't know that. So we need a native kqueue integration into Emacs.

On a related topic, I plan to write an alternative to dbusbind.c. That
alternative shall use gdbus instead of libdbus. But this would mean that
this alternatvive D-Bus bindings couldn't be used for NS builds. Sad.

>       Jan D.

Best regards, Michael.