Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 13:10:11 -0500

I'd love to see company-mode and completion-ui consolidated into Emacs's
core code.  The "completion sources" would be provided via
completion-at-point-functions, so we already have a place for
that part.  We don't yet have an API for the "completion UI
frontend", OTOH, so if we can agree on a good API for that part, we
could restructure the minibuffer.el code around that and then add
more UIs.

        Stefan