Re: Addition of SES local printer functions.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Addition of SES local printer functions.
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 21:45:10 -0500

> It is something of a problem. I've wondered in the past if there needs
> to be a separate emacs-devel-announce list (I don't like this idea), or
> a convention for using a Mailman topic for emacs-devel announcements
> that developers need to pay attention to, to make them stand out from
> the noise.

Technically, the solution is simple: reduce the time between "freeze" and
"branch" to 0.  It used to be very long (like 6 months) and has been
reduced to a month for 24.3 (and I plan to do that again for 24.4), but
it can be reduced further.

Still, it is important to get people to focus on fixing bugs every once
in a while, which is really what the feature freeze is about.

        Stefan