Re: Apologia for bzr

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Apologia for bzr
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 12:55:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> When no new versions of bzr come out, the fact that no one produces
> Windows installers is a moot point.

But, there's been a new version. It's called 2.6. It has no official
Windows build. You know 2.6b1 is, to all practical effects, identical;
I know it, too. But a random prospective user who hits the Bazaar
homepage for the first time does not. How hard is (for people used to
it and with the building environment already set up) to fire the
building process and pack a new release?

> Anyway, the commitment to Windows is of no interest to me;

Perhaps not to you, but for me, it is because I fear the time when a
serious bug raises its ugly head and no one is willing to fix it, or
fixes it and nobody bothers to update the Windows binaries.

As I said, I like Bazaar much, *much* more than git. But it is hard to
shake the feeling that it currently stinks of death.