Re: rst-mode deprecated keybindings: okay to remove? During freeze?

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: rst-mode deprecated keybindings: okay to remove? During freeze?
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 12:43:00 -0800

Thanks for the reply.

On 01/06/2014 12:35 PM, Stefan Merten wrote:
Hi Daniel!

Today Stefan Monnier wrote:
Would anyone mind terribly if I removed rst-mode's support for its
"deprecated" keybindings? If not, can I do it before the next release?

Please keep them once more. But you are right: They should be removed
at some point.

These
bindings (e.g., C-c 3) have emitted warnings for years, and right now, they
show up as ugly "??" entries in describe-mode output. I have a patch that
makes the presentation nicer, but it'd be better to just kill these
bindings entirely.

Thanks for the patch. But I think it's better to remove them in the
next release.

I'll do this.

Wait, I'm confused --- are you removing the deprecated bindings for 24.4 or not? If we're keeping them for this release, we should at least apply my patch so that C-h m is less confusing for users.