Re: C-x SPC : rectangle-mark-mode or gud-break?

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: C-x SPC : rectangle-mark-mode or gud-break?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:46:33 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I know I am opening up a can of worms here, but I am going to argue that
>> `C-x SPC' be changed back to `gud-break'.
>
> Oddly enough there hasn't been the expected deluge of opinions.

It surprises me, too.  My only guess is that people just don't use gdb
in emacs much, or they tend to use the mouse to set breakpoints.  (I
highly doubt people are using `C-x C-a C-b'.)  I guess I'll just have to
suggest rebinding it in gud-gdb-mode-hook to people who like it better
the way it was before.

I know that the documentation updates are still a work in progress, but
please make sure current references to `C-x SPC' in the manual are
changed to `C-x C-a C-b' respectively.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)