Re: file watch feature missing on darwin

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: file watch feature missing on darwin
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 13:10:22 +0100

> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello.

Hi Jan,

>> AFAIK, using Glib and NS just means calling xg_select instead of
>> pselect in one place.  It is not done, because there has been no need
>> for it.
>
> Ah, thanks for the hint. I'll take it into account when I integrate that
> code. In case of problems I'll ask you :-)

Here I am already ...

I'm just checking how to receive file notification events in batch
mode. It works fine when inotify.c is linked with Emacs, using
(read-event ...), but I'm not able to receive events when gfilenotify.c
is linked.

No problem when Emacs runs interactively. Do you know, how I could
retrieve events in that case?

>>      Jan D.

Best regards, Michael.