Re: Inhibit "Wrote foo" from write-region

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Inhibit "Wrote foo" from write-region
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 18:25:11 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:50:20 -0500
> Cc: Tom Tromey <address@hidden>, Emacs-Devel devel <address@hidden>
>
> > I presume, there is little chance to change this behaviour for
> > noninteractive use?
>
> Definitely not for 24.4.
>
> Afterwards, someone could try and look at the issue in more detail, but
> it's risky, since it's a fairly low-level primitive called from many
> different packages.  We'd have to go and check how all these calls would
> be affected.

I, for one, am accustomed to see these messages while Emacs is being
built: in a highly parallel build that is sometimes the only practical
way of knowing whether some part of the build succeeded or not.

So, if 'write-region' stops outputting these messages in
non-interactive uses, there should be a way to get the current
behavior back.