Re: [ruby-mode] dot-alignment support for multi-line method chaining

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [ruby-mode] dot-alignment support for multi-line method chaining
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 06:31:44 +0200

See http://debbugs.gnu.org/16593

On 22.01.2014 19:28, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
Hard to read indentation examples in an email, but it seems to me that:

Yeah, both Gnus and Thunderbird mangle indentation quite a bit for me. lists.gnu.org displays it right, though.

zoo.keep.bar!(
   {x: y,
    z: t}
)

is the only sensible indentation for the third example

It doesn't seem to correspond to the AST, but sure, this looks nicer.

    By the way, do you think it'd be good if the same variable toggled
    between

    foo = foobar
           .baz

    and

    foo = foobar
       .baz

    ? Or would that be a different variable?

Didn't notice this until now. Seems to me the default indent should be
relative to the `=` (similar to what we do for ops like +, -, etc):

Okay, won't touch this for now, then,