Re: read-event in batch mode

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: read-event in batch mode
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:43:43 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> In any case, I think we need to document this deviant behavior, at
> least for now, because there's no hint of it anywhere in the docs.  Of
> course, sit-for is also affected by that.
>
> Comments?

For 24.4, we shouldn't change it. Documentation might be sufficient (but
we must say, that the behaviour is undefined, depending on the
configuration options).

In general, I believe that events arriving from D-Bus or file change
notifications and alike, shouldn't go via the keyboard buffer. Such
events shall have their own handling in the main loop.

Best regards, Michael.