Re: How to begin contributing to XWidgets for GSoC

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: How to begin contributing to XWidgets for GSoC
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 14:55:35 +0800

address@hidden writes:
> I'm the maintainer of the branch.
>
> The current readme lives here:
> http://www.verona.se/projects/xwidget-emacs.html
>
> I think the best approach is to just start building and testing on your
> plattform.
>
> I use Fedora 20, but the code has been reported to work on many other
> GNU/Linux projects.
>
> I think this years focus should be on getting merged to the Emacs trunk
> when it opens again.

I'm also interested in this project.  I just checked out the `xwidget'
branch and tried to build it.  But:

xwidget.c:95:26: fatal error: girepository.h: No such file or directory
 #include <girepository.h>
                          ^
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [xwidget.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xfq/emacs-repo/main/xwidget/src'
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xfq/emacs-repo/main/xwidget'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

The same error occured after installing the following packages in Ubuntu
repo:

* gobject-introspection
* libgirepository-1.0-1
* libgirepository1.0-dev