Re: Freezing frameset-restore

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Freezing frameset-restore
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 18:33:53 +0100

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 6:27 PM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> Why the term "restored" here and not "reused"?

"Restored frames" describes (or tries to) all frames that are the
result of restoration, that is, reused frames and new ones (created
specifically to be restored upon).

Please suggest a better wording, my brain has an overdose of the words
"frame", "window", "restore" and "reuse" and cannot think straight.

> IIUC "cleanup" means to take care of frames that were not "reused".

No, the meaning of CLEANUP is to take care of all frames. It just that
most of the time, reused and created frames will be left alone. But...

> understand that we should take care of "rejected" or "ignored" frames.
> But why care about "reused" and "created" ones?

...what if you want to iconify all restored frames too, or just count
them and do something about it?

Again, perhaps CLEANUP is not the best name for the argument. Suggestions?