Re: Avoid C stack overflow

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Avoid C stack overflow
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 23:59:42 -0700

Dmitry Antipov wrote:
GCC developers suggests do not rely on guard pages

The problems they note with guard pages shouldn't apply to Emacs. Emacs isn't supposed to have huge locals that can jump the guard page. And Emacs could handle the signal on a secondary stack by means of sigaltstack; this is fairly common practice.

-fsplit-stack is incompatible with our current GC

Good point, I forgot about the stack-scanning problem.