Re: Trunk still not open

From: Nicolas Richard
Subject: Re: Trunk still not open
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 12:26:49 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:
> Thanks, that's a good list, and it explain well why one may want to
> document core functionality and concepts in a manual.
>
> I'm not so sure about plain variables and functions.

Maybe not a full documentation for each of them, which indeeds sometimes
duplicates (usually partially) the docstring, but at least a list of
those. At least that's how I can get an overview of what is part of a
given feature :
e.g. if I want to use hash tables, I look into the manual and see what
functions I have for hash tables. I don't have to browse through an M-x
apropos output or similar, in which there are many non-relevant results.

It's one of the things that is very useful to me, so thanks for keeping
the manuals up to date !

--
Nico.