Re: Redisplay problems?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Redisplay problems?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:52:32 +0100

> I think my patch indeed fixes this problem by distinguishing between
> f->garbaged (which presumably stops redrawing in Expose, tho I don't
> offhand see where that happens) and frame_garbaged (which is needed to
> get the next redisplay to be properly triggered and performed).

IIUC my earlier proposal to SET_FRAME_GARBAGED unconditionally subsumes
what you propose here because I set frame_garbaged and the garbaged slot
of the frame that received the MapNotify event.  However, since I set
the garbaged slot unconditionally, your proposal provides a better check
as to whether we previously have set a frame's garbaged slot correctly.
Is that observation correct or am I missing something?

> If it looks right, then we might reconsider the SET_FRAME_GARBAGED in
> w32term.c in light of such a change, but that's even further away from
> my expertise.

I'm still struggling with the semantics of what a "garbaged frame" is
and whether we always set the garbaged slot correctly.

martin