Re: byte-compilation woes (cont'd)

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: byte-compilation woes (cont'd)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:45:26 -0700

On 03/25/2014 04:41 PM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:19 AM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> With the latest Emacs 24 build (from 3/23), I now must byte-compile
>> help-fns+.el using that build, to be able to use it with that build.
>> And doing that prevents using the compiled file with Emacs 22 or 23.
>>
>> Worse still.  If byte-compiled with the latest build it is not even
>> usable with Emacs 24.3 (wrong number of args for `help-window-setup').
>
> Do your functions use cl-style :keyword args? There's been two recent
> changes related to &key parsing, and your snapshot only includes the
> first one (the second one is revno:116871).

I thought about that --- but the change only affects newly-compiled
code, and it should be perfectly compatible with the old code. The new
&key parsing code doesn't appear to be intrinsically buggy, since Drew's
code works when run on the same Emacs on which it's compiled. I'd be
very surprised if this change ended up being the problem.