Re: build-specific lisp files (generated by configure)

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: build-specific lisp files (generated by configure)
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:40:10 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I'm not sure I completely understand the issue, but could we generate
> the file in src/config.el and then from loadup.el load it via
> (expand-file-name "src/config.el" source-directory)?

Sure, but that's not really the problem.

The problem is installed CANNOT_DUMP builds where the source has been
deleted. For them, we'd have to install config.el somewhere. And where
would it go? It would have to be a build-specific location.

Not that we really support CANNOT_DUMP builds anyway (pretty sure I
accidentally broke the Makefiles for those a while ago).

Anyway, it's not important, since there's no need to make such a change.