RE: A question about spellchecker

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: A question about spellchecker
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 15:07:57 +0200

Sorry, I am a little bit new to this list - I just found it
difficult to read through all the text so I clumped all my answers on top.

I didn't ment anything bad, I appologize for inconvenience.

I have found what is problem with emacs and hunspell on my computer.
It does not seem tounderstand charset och stream it gets back from hunspell.
It can actually spell all words not containing swedish characters (öäå) with
swedish dictionary. When pressing with right mouse I get a pop-up with
word suggestions, where all swedish characters are missinterpretted.

If I press M-$ (spell-word) I get message

"ispell-word: Ispell and its process have different character maps" .

Emacs has no problems with swedish chars in text-buffer itself, but in
characters in stream it gets back from hunspell.

I have checked that encoding of file and LANG variable all use same encoding
as the dictionary itself.

In image1 can be seen how it treats word *omvärld* (for world) .
I am not sure if this is a bug, or I am just not aware of correct setting. I have
tryed to google around for solution but I haven't found any good answers.

I am using a development version of Emacs:

GNU Emacs 24.4.50.2 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)

Are bug-reports welcome since it is not official version of emacs?

best regards
/arthur