RE: [h-e-w] Hunsepll in Emacs - charset error for Swedish dictionary

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] Hunsepll in Emacs - charset error for Swedish dictionary
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 18:24:18 +0200

> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 19:15:45 +0300
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Hunsepll in Emacs - charset error for Swedish dictionary
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden
>
> > From: arthur miller <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 17:20:06 +0200
> > Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> >
> > > Try using utf-8 instead of iso-8859-1. I don't think the encoding of
> > > the dictionary matters (hunspell will convert if needed). You should
> > > try using utf-8 with hunspell by default.
> > >

> > I did! Before I posted - I used email-lists as a last resort.
> >
> > I have tryed with utf-8 everywhere where it could matter, and I have also tryed
> > iso-8859-1-dos . I have try to instruct Emacs to use for LANG as in sv_SE.iso8859-1-dos,
> > and so on.
> >
> > I have just tryed it again - it does no changes at all. Here are setting I used with utf-8 instead:
> >
> > (after 'ispell
> > (message "loading spellchecker")
> > (defvar *load-start* (current-time))
> > (defun anarcat/time-to-ms (time)
> > (+ (* (+ (* (car time) (expt 2 16)) (car (cdr time))) 1000000) (car (cdr (cdr time)))))
> >
> > (add-to-list 'ispell-dictionary-alist '(("svenska"
> > "[A-ZÖÄÅa-zöäå]"
> > "[^A-ZÖÄÅa-zöäå]"
> > "[']"
> > nil
> > ("-d" "sv_SE")
> > utf-8)
> > ("svenska8"
> > "[A-ZÖÄÅa-zöäå]"
> > "[^A-ZÖÄÅa-zöäå]"
> > "[']"
> > nil
> > ("-B" "-d" "sv_SE")
> > utf-8)
> > ("english"
> > "[[:alpha:]]"
> > "[^[:alpha:]]"
> > "[']"
> > ("-d" "en_US")
> > nil
> > utf-8)))
> >
> > (setq ispell-local-dictionary-alist ispell-dictionary-alist)
> > (setq ispell-hunspell-dictionary-alist ispell-dictionary-alist)
> > (setq ispell-dictionary "english")
> > (setq-default ispell-program-name "hunspell")
> > (setq ispell-extra-args '("-i" "utf-8"))
> > (global-set-key (kbd "C-c d") 'switch-dictionary-sv-en))
> >
> > And settings for Emacs to use utf-8
> >
> > (set-language-environment 'utf-8)
> > (setq locale-coding-system 'utf-8)
> > (set-default-coding-systems 'utf-8)
> > (set-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)
> > (set-selection-coding-system 'utf-8)
> > (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)
> >
> > > (Btw: where did you get that Swedish dictionary?)
> >
> > Files are from OpenOffice repository: http://archive.services.openoffice.org/pub/mirror/OpenOffice.org/contrib/dictionaries/
>
> Please try with Emacs 24.3 first. With that version, I succeed in
> using the Swedish dictionary above by doing the following:
>
> emacs -Q
> (setq ispell-program-name
> (locate-file "hunspell" exec-path exec-suffixes 'file-executable-p))
> [...]

Yepp, you are right. I haven't fixed any bugz in Hunspell, I have just compiled it. Actually one small
configuration thing just to get it to compile.  I have tested now my own hunspell.exe  and -Q options, but
neither of Emacses works, but with your Hunsepll both do, so it must patches you have applied.

Once again - thanks for pointing me to ezwinport.

best regards
/a