Re: awesome feature (yet to be added?)

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: awesome feature (yet to be added?)
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 20:45:10 -0600

> Judging by the uptake.  We are the only two to think this is useful.  :)

I thought about implementing `invert-comment' a few years ago, but I
wasn't sure what to do about code like this:

  /* old_implementation_prepare (); */
  /* old_implementation_go (); */

  new_implementation_prepare ();
  /* The new implementation needs a buffer allocated. */
  char *p = malloc (new_implementation_size ());
  new_implementation_go (p);

What to do about the actual comment embedded in the "new" code?

  x = foo () + /* bar () + */ baz ();
  quux (x, x + 1);     /* quux now accounts for bar internally */

What does it mean to toggle commented-ness here?

Your idea of markers likely works out better than "toggle the comments"
because of cases like these.

Davis

shipping.