Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 18:06:29 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Patches to accommodate MSYS2 are welcome.
>>
>> No longer needed. Just checked that recent versions of MSYS2 set MSYSTEM
>> to MINGW32 on mingw32_shell.bat.
>
> Should we say in nt/INSTALL which versions of MSYS2 are safe?  Do you
> happen to know which ones are?

Dunno. Just upgraded my install to the most recent versions (with pacman
-S -u). AFAIK MSYS2 has no versions proper. From time to time the
maintainer publishes a file with a date on the name containing the base
package and thereafter the user is supposed to install/upgrade the
packages he needs using the package manager (pacman). On GNU/Linux
terms, MSYS2 uses a rolling release schema.