Re: git conversion trial repository #5

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: git conversion trial repository #5
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 18:18:06 +0200

Hello,

On Thursday 15 May 2014 16:20:55 Glenn Morris wrote:
> Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> > A couple of work items remain on my list for after 24.4 release and
> > before the conversion, most notably merging and testing Rüdiger
> > Sonderfeld's improvement for vc.el.
>
> There's no reason this needs to wait for the 24.4 release.
> The Emacs trunk is open for these kind of improvements.
> (Also Rüdiger has write access, so can commit things himself.)

the problem is that my patch results in git being called twice for every
file[1].  I proposed a solution changing vc-git to add a `conflicted'
marker[2] but since I'm not very familiar with the vc.el and vc-git internals
I don't feel competent enough to introduce such a change without some
feedback.

Regards,
Rüdiger

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-01/msg01126.html