[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Bazaar to Git status

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Bazaar to Git status
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 23:11:41 -0400
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)

Paul Michael Reilly <address@hidden>:
> Eric, are you aware of Stefan's wait state on Git support of
> vc-find-conflicted-file and is this something you are inclined to punt on?

I've merged a patch that should work.  It isn't currently practical for me 
to test it, but troubleshooting should be easy once we have a live use case.

> What I would like to do is grab hold of workflow documentation, assuming it
> exists, on how to use the converted git repo to build from current
> development sources and test it out on a few Mac systems.

Go right ahead.

>                                                          Sounds like four
> pieces need to come together: 1) 24.4 gets released, 2)
> vc-find-conflicted-file has Stefan satisfied, 3) workflow documentation is
> updated and 4) you have pushed the button after being convinced it is time.
>  1) is in progress, 2) and 3) are in an unknown state, and 4) appears to be
> ready.  It would be good to get more insight into plans, if any, to address
> 2) and 3).

2) As I said above, the code is integrated and ready for testing.  It may
just work; if not, troubleshooting should be easy once the giot repo is live.

3) is done.  Months ago now.

I do not know of any blockers for the cutover.  I have a not4 that says

* Work with hydra-users mailing list to update hydra build config.

but I don't recall what hydra is.  There are no other work items that
cannot obviously wait until post-transition.
                <a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/";>Eric S. Raymond</a>

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]