Avoiding loading cc-langs (was: Ordering in `source' property, and auto-

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Avoiding loading cc-langs (was: Ordering in `source' property, and auto-loading of c-lang-defconsts)
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 18:43:37 -0400

In my attempt to understand a bit more how cc-mode works, here's the
next question:

- why do we work so hard to try and make cc-langs unnecessary at run-time?

I mean, if you look at c-lang-const, or c-make-init-lang-vars-fun,
you'll see we have up to 3 different ways to do the same thing in
different circumstances.

Is it only for performance reasons?

        Stefan