Re: Everyone, please stop making my life more difficult

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Everyone, please stop making my life more difficult
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:47:26 +0200

() address@hidden (Eric S. Raymond)
() Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:36:52 -0400 (EDT)

   That is what everyone should be using, now and in the future,
   to avoid causing unnecessary problems for this repository
   conversion and any we may have to do in the future.

I think it's good to encounter anomalies, figure out how to
handle them, and encode that handling, rather sooner than later.

Also, a run taking 8-10 hours indicates that another code
enhancement opportunity would be to re-slice the process from
one-shot-batch to incremental-piecemeal.  A bonus side-effect of
checkpointed state is that other tools can be brought to bear
(w/ a sane data design, which i presume).

All this is more difficult, true, but still not as difficult as
getting all pertinent programmers to perform perfectly... :-D

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502