Re: master 2a81c5d 1/2: Confine vc-stay-local to CVS, because it was unu

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: master 2a81c5d 1/2: Confine vc-stay-local to CVS, because it was unusable in SVN.
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 14:18:35 -0500

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>:
> "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > OK, now try restoring it and debugging on entry to the function
> > vc-bzr-registered. It''s almost certainly going wrong somewhere inside
> > there.
>
> With emacs -Q:
>
> (require 'vc-bzr)
> (vc-bzr-state "~/rms.jpg")
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   regexp-quote(nil)
>   vc-bzr-status("~/rms.jpg")
>   vc-bzr-state("~/rms.jpg")
>   eval((vc-bzr-state "~/rms.jpg") nil)
>   elisp--eval-last-sexp(nil)
>   eval-last-sexp(nil)
>   funcall-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil)
>   call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
>   command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

OK, I don't think -Q is going to make a difference here.

Looks like the call to bzr-state is the problem. Which is extremely odd
as I haven't modified that function. Can you bisect to determine which
commit breaks things?  Going back to

       VC API simplification: remove ability to set initial revision.

is probably far enough.