Re: prevent raising a frame from also input-focusing it

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: prevent raising a frame from also input-focusing it
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:31:19 +0100

On 2014-12-01 11:59, chad <address@hidden> writes:

>> Is there an option similar to `w32-grab-focus-on-raise-frame' on the OS
>> X version of emacs? I searched for it but could not find anything.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, this functionality is not supported
> by the OS at all, and can't be done via Emacs. It's bigger half of
> the reason that I stopped using a dedicated minibuffer frame (the
> lesser half being that I started using full-screen frames).
>
> Sorry I couldn't be more help. I'd love to find out that I'm wrong.

Thank you for your reply. I've settled for the moment on not raising the
minibuffer at all, which works great as long as it's not obscured. I was
also using full-screen frames, but as I'm experimenting with the
multiple frames approach, I more clearly see the advantages of
both. Which is quite frustrating in a way ;)

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7