Re: More metaproblem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: More metaproblem
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 16:22:21 +0200

> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 14:16:16 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> Potential developers look at things like this and they see a project
> >> that has learned nothing and forgotten nothing since before 1996.
> >>
> >> No one thing like this is a dealbreaker for any single person. It's
> >> the accumulation of such details that acts as a KEEP OUT sign.
> >
> > Slogans.  No real data to support that.
>
> It's an impression.  That is real data.

I agree, but even that needs _some_ evidence.  Like a couple of blogs
or large postings (excluding the person who makes the claim), or some
article in some on-line journal, that show this tendency or express
similar views.  Coming up with this without _any_ evidence is not
serious.

> It's not like we have anything better to offer

We could analyze the hit rate of the project's Web pages, and see if
they diminish over the years, for example.  Or try looking for similar
claims and see  how many of them we had in the past.