Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: On being web-friendly and why info must die
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 17:35:03 -0500

> Anyway, no matter what the reason for not upgrading, in the meantime we're
> stuck with old-technology Texinfo, and this is partly why it might be a good
> idea to think about changing.

FWIW, while I don't hold Texinfo very dearly in my heart, I have some
real problems with labeling it as nothing else than "old-technology".

There are newer tools, of course, but it's not like they're so much
incredibly better that Texinfo is just "old-technology".

CVS is old-technology.  I could even agree that Emacs is old-technology
(with its perks, obviously), but I don't see what so fundamentally
different between Texinfo and newer formats to justify such
a characterization.

        Stefan