Re: Background color in emacs on vncserver

From: Tomasz Gajewski
Subject: Re: Background color in emacs on vncserver
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 13:28:53 +0100

Tomasz Gajewski <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm often using emacs on remote vnc server I get different background
> color under text and different in the rest of buffer even though I'm
> setting them both to the same color. Effect is not annoying when using
> vnc with full color but when using vncviewer with limited colors
> (LowColourLevel=2) it can look really ugly, as can be seen on attached
> image.

Following to myself I've found out that issue disappears if I set depth
of vncserver to 24 bits (default is 16) no matter what vncviewer color
depth I use.

So probably a toolkit/library used to draw background under text and
other one used for drawing background outside of text differently map
color from outside of server palette to available color.

For me the problem is solved although behaviour with lower bit depth is
expected. Should I file a bug report about it?

--
Tomasz