Re: Generators (iterators) for Gnu Emacs

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Generators (iterators) for Gnu Emacs
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 11:22:07 -0500

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 23:51:53 -0800 Daniel Colascione <address@hidden> wrote:

DC> On 12/06/2014 10:12 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>>> you insist that additions to the Emacs core look like a bowl of corned
>>> beef hash, with chunks of `iter-'-this and `seq-' that embedded all
>>> over the code for no good reason.
>>
>> Indeed I do.

DC> And you're really not interested in a discussion of your motives or the
DC> circumstance under which you'd make an exception, are you? That's
DC> supposed to motivate more contributions to core? Another recent thread
DC> mentions the problem of too little development happening in-tree. I
DC> wonder why that might be the case.

I don't know Stefan's motives, but would love to see actual namespaces
in Emacs Lisp.  The closest thing I've seen is
https://github.com/Bruce-Connor/names which can be installed from the
GNU ELPA.  Perhaps that's an actual problem we keep ignoring because
it's easy to hack around it "just that once."

Ted